We had a parent open house evening last night and I heard some great feedback from parents on how well their children loved the team building activity. "It was frustrating, but fun!" Check out that activity here: Team Building/Group Work Expectations.
Common Student Mistakes/Misconceptions
1. Forgetting to skip pages for Table of Contents additions in the future: I save the first 3 pages for this purpose.
2. Skipping lines in the Table of Contents: Unless you allot more than 3 pages for this purpose, you will run out of space if you skip lines.
3. Not using the front and backs of the pages: You will run out of notebook twice as fast if you don't use both sides, plus reflections and student work will not be beside teacher notes/ideas.
4. Not labeling pages with the same title as the TOC. This doesn't matter yet, but it sure will when the notebook begins to fill-up.
5. Using too much liquid glue: I recommend glue sticks, unless the item is heavy or bulky.